The Building Safety Bill
The Young Members’ Committee have partnered with specialist insurance law firm, Weightmans LLP, to deliver a series of webinars with unique insights dedicated to supporting career development and help to consider, digest and maximise the opportunities which are likely to arise in insurance in our rapidly changing world.
In this interactive webinar, Weightmans’ panel of expert lawyers will share their insights on the Building Safety Bill, including its impact on the construction industry and insurers, helping you to plan and prepare for this new legislation.
The team will provide some actionable insights as to the likely practical outcomes of the Building Safety Bill. The discussion will include consideration of the following:
- An introduction to the Building Safety Bill;
- Practical considerations for insurers and brokers;
- Funding options regarding unsafe cladding and the impact on Insurers;
- Regulatory fines and the availability of insurance;
- Examples of possible breaches;
- The role of an 'Accountable Person'.
There will be some discussion concerning the EWS1 Form, its purpose, and practical difficulties concerning its application.
By the end of this webinar members will have gained an insight into:
- The Building Safety Bill and EWS1 forms: content, purpose and practical considerations;
- The insurability of new risks emerging from the Building Safety Bill;
- Possible outcomes, including how the construction industry may evolve in response to the Building Safety Bill.
Natalie Keyes – Principal Associate
James Walsh - Associate
Lauren Whiting - Solicitor
Tim Grimes - Trainee Solicitor
Due to the interactivity of the event, places are limited (350 places) and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
This webinar will be hosted on Zoom. Please familiarise yourself with their T&Cs and Privacy Statement.
Please contact Gemma Warren (07436 263847) with any queries regarding this event.
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Gemma Warren (07436 263847).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.