2019 Renewals update
In this IIL reinsurance lecture, Jason Howard will provide an overview of the recent 1st January reinsurance renewal season -the good, the bad and the ugly.
Jason will discuss the panorama post-1st January reinsurance 2019 renewals, looking at all the different classes, geographies and markets. His lecture will attempt to answer the following questions: How have the renewals been affected by the recent M&A activity, in both carriers and brokers? Is there still a cycle in evidence, and how does it compare to previous cycles? What impacts have the recent Lloyds profitability initiatives had on how and where business has been placed? What clues does this give us about the next 12 months and beyond?
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The state of the reinsurance market from an independent broker's view
- An idea of where the market will go over the next 12 months
- Some of the big opportunities and hurdles that face the reinsurance industry
Jason has over 27 years' experience in the reinsurance industry, having worked for Willcox, various divisions of the Willis Group and now Beach.
Ian Branagan, Director, Group Chief Risk Officer, RenaissanceRe.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to Lloyd's pass holders and CII and PFS/SMP members.
All attendees must register online by 10.30am on the day of the lecture.
All attendees must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport.
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.