In this IIL financial services lecture Neil Bhan addressed the issues arising from the pension flexibilities first introduced in 2015, including risk in relation to transfers and guidance/advice, taking into account the impact of Brexit on private sector pension provision.
The key areas to be addressed are:
- What impact the pension flexibilities had on pension provision since their introduction in April 2015?
- Where do the attendant legal risks lie for pension providers and advisers?
- How can these risks be mitigated?
- What impact have the flexibilities and risks had on pension provision?
- What additional issues have arisen as a result of Brexit?
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- Issues and legal risks arising from the 2015 pension flexibilities
- How these risks can be mitigated
- The impact of Brexit on flexibility - related issues
Neil is head of pensions at law firm DAC Beachcroft LLP and specializes in advising the insurance and financial services sectors on pension law issues.
Roger Sanders OBE, Cert PFS, Managing Director Lighthouse.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 12pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.