Ransomware: understanding your adversary
In this IIL claims webinar, Roddy Priestley and Peter Doherty explicitly aim to help management teams understand the decisions they may need to face in a ransomware attack and how they can best prepare the organisation. In this session, the speakers explore the tools and methods of these actors and explain the defensive layers that organisations should have in place to help make these attacks less likely to succeed.
The speakers share their experiences and observations from handling ransomware attack negotiations with various criminal groups in different jurisdictions and industry sectors.
This webinar discusses typical ransomware gangs' organisational structure, roles and the security layers that stop these activities. This session also covers a discussion of senior management's considerations in ransomware attacks.
This is an interactive webinar and includes:
- a live brainstorming exercise with the audience to identify key considerations when developing a threat actor engagement strategy
- a demonstration of how cryptocurrency payments can be tracked and traced
- How to plan and prepare for extortion events
- The process for ensuring compliance and sanctions checks are carried out before effecting any engagement
- The method for facilitating cryptocurrency payments and providing efficient recovery of operations
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.