Sustainability as a success factor in the insurance industry
In this IIL reinsurance webinar, Dr Michael Menhart talks about the increasing expectations towards the insurance industry to play an essential role in combating climate change and supporting the realisation of the sustainable development goals.
Dr Menhart explains how Munich Re aims to create value for all its stakeholders and how a corporate responsibility strategy can systematically integrate this ambition across all insurance activities.
A corporate sustainability strategy must be comprehensive regarding business activities and stakeholder expectations. This includes the dimensions of:
- Responsible corporate, which is only possible on the basis of impeccable ethical and legal conduct
- A sustainable approach to core business activities, which proactively considers environmental, social and governance aspects along the entire value chain
- An ambitious climate strategy across liabilities, assets, and own operations
- The creation of attractive framework conditions to promote personal and professional development and promote diversity
- Why and how stakeholder expectations regarding corporate responsibility in the insurance industry are increasing
- What a comprehensive climate strategy must entail
- That a corporate responsibility strategy must go beyond the climate focus
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.