Ransomware threat landscape
In this IIL cyber, technology and innovation webinar, Andy Auld provides an overview of ransomware operations; the tools, techniques, and procedures they employ to attack victims and considers how the thread landscape is likely to evolve.
The presentation covers:
- The rise of targeted attacks against organisations
- How threat actors gain access to and move laterally within networks
- Data exfiltration and ‘double extortion’, weaponising GDPR
- Case studies derived from PwC incident response engagements
- Not having it all their own way: how defenders are fighting back
- Prospects for the future: legal, regulatory implications for the ransomware response
- Common methods used in ransomware attacks
- Key questions insurers should consider when assessing risk
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
This webinar will be hosted on MS Teams. Please familiarise yourself with their T&Cs and Privacy Statement.
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.