How to be an LGBTQ+ inclusive employer of choice
In this IIL inclusion and diversity webinar, Maurice Rose and Ben Johnson talk about the importance of creating LGBTQ+ inclusive recruitment practices and how this contributes to the overall inclusion of the workplace and makes your organisation a better place for everyone to work in. It also links this to the increased level of regulatory scrutiny we are currently seeing from the UK regulators.
Do you know that:
- 35% of LGBTQ+ people in the UK choose not to disclose their sexuality at work
- 1 in 4 LGBTQ+ people experience bullying in the workplace
- More transgender people hide their identity at work now than they did five years ago
- In 2017 there were only 2 out LGBTQ+ CEOs in the FTSE100
Looking at these points and more, in this talk, the speakers discuss the key components of LGBTQ+ inclusive recruitment processes, success stories, regulatory focus and the LINK Inclusion framework: what is, how you can use and the benefits it will bring.
- Why being an LGBTQ+ inclusive employer is important
- How you can make your recruitment processes more LGBTQ+ inclusive
- How you can use the new LINK inclusion framework to make your organisation an employer of choice for the LGBTQ+ community
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.