Demystifying battery energy storage systems
In this IIL property webinar, Tom Harries explains how technology, digitalisation, and lessons learnt from past losses have led to fewer batteries exploding and entering thermal runaway.
This session covers:
- The drivers behind a sector set to grow 20x this decade
- How battery energy storage system projects have evolved from build-your-own to system solutions
- The technology landscape and assessing the supply chain
- Perception versus reality of the frequency of thermal runaway incidents
- Risk mitigation for a low frequency, high severity asset class
- The evolution of battery energy storage system technology and projects
- Notable battery energy storage system losses and what we’ve learned from them
- Best practices for risk management
Please note that this session will not be recorded and slides will not be available post-event.
Chair: Simon Warren, Senior Underwriter, General Reinsurance
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.