Making specialty insurance a destination career
In this IIL London Market webinar, Caroline Wagstaff discusses market collaboration and how the active adoption of new channels of communication can help the London market to solve the talent challenge it faces.
The London Market faces a number of challenges:
- Commercial specialty insurance is not a destination career for young people
- The Market has historically been poor at explaining its societal value, the variety and interest of roles of value and the fact that it is a well-rewarded and exciting place to work
- All pools of talent need to be accessed, school leavers (18), graduates (early 20s), those who are economically inactive and not in education or full-time work (18-24)
- The London Market has an ageing workforce, with more people over 50 than under 30
In 2023, the LMG has run a series of campaigns to address these issues and this webinar covers the lessons learnt and next steps.
- Understanding the importance of the issues we face
- What everyone in the Market can do to help resolve them
- What works in making a destination career
Chair: Geraldine Wright, Company Secretary, LIIBA
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.