General insurance business (IF2) revision course
In these two, three-hour, interactive revision webinars, Alison Cooper FCII guides participants through the required study skills and exam techniques for IF2 (General insurance business) and focuses on some of the key areas of the syllabus.
The two webinars provide an opportunity for participants to expand their insurance knowledge and practice multiple choice questions in preparation for the exam. These seminars will build on the foundation knowledge gained in IF1 and help participants take another step towards the CII Certificate in Insurance.
Session One: Study skills (13 April)
The first revision session focuses on the following:
- CII study text & CII resources
- Study skills – how to be more effective with less time
- Importance of syllabus & learning outcomes
- Chapters 1- 6 overview: Motor, Health, Package policies, Property, Pecuniary & Liability insurances
Session Two: Exam technique (27 April)
The second revision session focuses on the following:
- Chapters 7 – 13 overview: Non-insurance services, material circumstances, underwriting procedures, policy wordings & renewals, valid claims & claims settlement, data protection & customer service
- Exam techniques for multiple choice exams and revision tips
- Building confidence in preparation for taking the IF2 exam
IF2 – assessment
IF2 is a challenging but interesting subject, as it encompasses six chapters on insurance products, so it spans both Personal & Commercial insurances. IF2 counts towards achieving the Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII). IF2 consists of a two-hour, multiple-choice exam based on 100 questions.
The CII Certificate in Insurance is a core qualification for insurance staff working across all sectors of the insurance profession. It provides a fundamental grounding of the key insurance principles and includes the regulatory environment.
The CII generally recommends 60 hours of study time for IF2.
- Introduction to the study/exam techniques required for IF2
- Highlight key areas of the IF2 exam syllabus
- Build on foundation insurance knowledge gained in IF1
- Understand how to approach multiple-choice questions
These sessions will not be recorded, so a webinar playback will not be available for members who do not attend the live event.
Participants must be able to attend both sessions. They will be provided with practice questions, exercises, a pdf version of the presentation slides and can contact Alison in between sessions should further guidance be required.
Participants will need to enrol directly with the CII to pay for their study texts and exam entry for IF2.
These webinars will be hosted on Zoom. Please ensure you have registered with the platform before the masterclass and familiarised yourself with their T&Cs and Privacy Statement.
PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this webinar are non-refundable, but substitutions can be made in certain circumstances.
Please contact Gemma Warren (07436 263847) with any queries regarding this event.
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Gemma Warren (07436 263847).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.