IF1 - Insurance, legal and regulatory revision course
In these two, three-hour, interactive revision webinars, Alison Cooper FCII guides participants through the required study skills and exam techniques for IF1 (Insurance, legal and regulatory) and focuses on some of the key areas of the syllabus.
The two sessions provide an opportunity for participants to expand their insurance knowledge and practice multiple choice questions in preparation for the exam. Learning should be a fun experience, and participants will take part in various activities, both during and between sessions, to maximise learning.
Session One: Study skills (5 October)
The first revision session focuses on the following:
- CII study text & CII resources
- Study skills – how to be more effective with less time
- Importance of syllabus & learning outcomes
- Chapters 1- 5 overview: Risk & insurance, The insurance market, Contract law & law of agency, Insurable Interest, Good Faith & disclosure
Session Two: Exam technique (20 October)
The second revision session focuses on the following:
- Chapters 6 – 10 overview: Proximate cause, Indemnity, Corollaries of indemnity, Statutory regulation & consumer protection, & dispute resolution
- Exam techniques for multiple choice exams and revision tips
- Building confidence in preparation for taking the IF1 exam
IF1 – assessment
IF1 is a compulsory unit that counts towards achieving the Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII). IF1 consists of a two-hour, multiple-choice exam based on 100 questions.
The CII Certificate in Insurance is a core qualification for insurance staff working across all sectors of the insurance profession. It provides a fundamental grounding of the key insurance principles, and also includes the regulatory environment.
The CII generally recommends 60 hours study time for IF1.
- To introduce study/exam techniques required for IF1
- To highlight key areas of the IF1 exam syllabus
- To build foundation insurance knowledge
- To appreciate how to approach multiple choice questions
Please note, these sessions will not be recorded so a webinar playback will not be available for members who do not attend the live event.
Participants must be able to attend both sessions. Participants will have the opportunity to practice questions, complete exercises and receive a PDF version of the main presentation slides, and can contact Alison in between sessions should further guidance be required.
Participants will need to enroll directly with the CII to pay for their own study texts and exam entry for IF1.
This webinar will be hosted on Zoom. Please ensure you have registered with the platform prior to the masterclass and familiarised yourself with their T&Cs and Privacy Statement.
PLEASE NOTE: tickets for this webinar are non-refundable, but substitutions can be made in certain circumstances.
Please contact Gemma Warren (07436 263847) with any queries regarding this event.
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Gemma Warren (07436 263847).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.