Managing your career in challenging times - part two
In this follow-up webinar, organised by the IIL Young Members' Committee, a panel of speakers draw on their personal career experiences to provide practical advice and tips to assist career development.
The session opens with a presentation on ‘Building your career narrative’, offering advice on how to take charge and plan your next career move. Ben advises how to:
- Develop a positive perception of who you are and manage your reputation
- Leverage your people skills to enhance your technical abilities
- Adapt styles to navigate different organisational cultures and contexts
- Gain senior exposure and visibility outside of the typical working environment
This is followed by a panel discussion on how to navigate some of the challenges introduced in part one, a hardening market, digitalisation and hybrid working. During the discussion, the panel give their personal reflections on how they managed their careers during challenging times and environments.
The webinar concludes with an open Q&A discussion - members are encouraged to submit questions in advance when registering.
This webinar is aimed at members 5+ years into their career and is the second in a two-part series on career development.
- How to build a career narrative
- Understand the challenges for young professionals in the changing working environment
- How to prepare for future changes and challenges
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis.
This webinar will be hosted on Zoom. Please familiarise yourself with their T&Cs and Privacy Statement.
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Gemma Warren (07436 263847).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.