YMC Salary Negotiation Skills Workshop
An in-person event in association with Marsh
Join the YMC for an interactive workshop, giving you all the tools you’ll need to negotiate your salary with expert career advice from Samantha Ridgewell and hear practical tips and techniques from your peers.
Salary negotiations can seem difficult, especially in the early stages of your career. This event will aim to make the process less daunting.
Samantha Ridgewell will share her expert advice on how Young Members can negotiate their salary and YMC Co-Chairs Alina Jipa ACII and Chris Carlin Cert CII will walk through their experiences of the process throughout their careers so far.
As part of this session, everyone attending will have the opportunity to:
- Get practical advice on how to approach the topic
- Ask any specific questions they might have about salary negotiations
- Work in groups and apply the tips and techniques learnt during the session in a safe environment
- Negotiation skills – tools and techniques that can be applied to salary negotiations but also more broadly in your role
- Practical advice and best practice on how to prepare for a salary negotiation with your manager
- How to benchmark the value you bring to your employer
An interactive Q&A session will follow the discussion - please feel free to submit any questions in advance when you book online.
Please note, this session will not be recorded so a playback will not be available for members who do not attend the live event.
Please contact Flora Simpson with any queries regarding this event.
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Flora Simpson (020 7397 3912).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 1/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.