Perfect Storm - how capacity is disappearing fast from the UK insurance market
In this IIL webinar, Alan Chandler will explore why capacity is draining out of the UK insurance market and why we are moving into a very hard market where niche covers will be difficult to place.
Alan will talk about how Solvency II, the recent stock market crash, Ogden, soft rating, floods and now BI and Covid-19 have all combined to create the perfect storm, and how rates will have to significantly increase with many high risk businesses facing the prospect of getting no alternative quotes.
By the end of this webinar members would have gained an insight into:
- How Solvency II has taken capacity from the insurance market
- How the recent stock market crash will make capacity issues worse
- How insurers have struggled because of the Ogden rate change and soft rates
- How insurers have probably had the worst start to a year from an underwriting perspective ever and what this will mean for rates and coverage
- How the market will change following Covid-19 and the effect it will have on wordings
This webinar will be hosted on BrightTALK. Please familiarise yourself with their T&C's and Privacy Statement.
We have increased the number of places for this webinar to 500, which will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please note that this is likely to result in a limited Q&A session at the end.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza with any queries regarding this event.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.