Horizon Scanning: what’s in store for insurers in 2021 and beyond?
The Young Members’ Committee have partnered with specialist insurance law firm, Weightmans LLP, to deliver a series of webinars with unique insights dedicated to supporting career development and help to consider, digest and maximise the opportunities which are likely to arise in insurance in our rapidly changing world.
In this interactive webinar, Weightmans' panel of expert lawyers shared their insights on what is likely to dominate and shape the insurance industry and claims in 2021. To this end, their expert panellists considered the trends and developments which are likely to impact multiple classes of insurance business, from D&O to professional indemnity to aviation, helping you to plan and prepare for the year ahead.
The team provided some actionable insights as to what’s likely to be in store for insurers in 2021. The discussion included consideration of the following:
- The impact of Covid-19 on insurance matters covering multiple industries and classes of business, including professional services, D&O and aviation;
- The potential rise in insolvency, including the impact on claims;
- The impact of technology on insurance and claims;
- Intervention by the FCA, including the impact of the FCA’s business interruption test case;
- Consideration of the types of claims which are most likely to emerge in greater volumes or with increased frequency in 2021.
By the end of this webinar members will have gained an insight into:
- Claims trends and likely exposures in 2021, covering multiple classes of business including aviation and professional indemnity;
- The impact of Covid-19 on insurance matters and in particular the effect on business interruption insurance and the FCA’s test case, which is of general interest to the insurance market, beyond business interruption matters;
- The impact of technology on claims, exposures and new ways of working.
Pamela Freeland – Principal Associate, Weightmans LLP
Tim Grimes – Trainee Solicitor, Weightmans LLP
Sarah Irwin – Solicitor, Weightmans LLP
Hayley Kiely - Legal Assistant, Weightmans LLP
Please contact Gemma Warren (07436 263847) with any queries regarding this event.
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Gemma Warren (07436 263847).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.