Perspectives on 2017: A catastrophic year
In association with XL Catlin Young Professionals
The natural catastrophe events of last year had a significant impact on the Lloyd's and London insurance markets.
This session, chaired by Lawrence Po-Bo, Head of Lloyd's/Specialty, Securis Investment Partners LLP, and with presentations from:
- Geoff Piggot, CEO, Crawford Global Technical Services
- David Murphy, Partner, Elborne Mitchell LLP
- Roy Foster, Head of Property Reinsurance Underwriting for London, XL Catlin
examined the the multiple catastrophe events of 2017 and considered the cumulative impact they had on the market. Our expert panel provided insight from a claims, legal and underwriting perspective into the industry response to this major cat year.
By the end of this event members would have gained an insight into:
- How loss adjusters operate in extreme conditions
- Some of the more common policy coverage issues which can arise from major catastrophes affecting wide areas
- The implications of the 2017 catastrophe events on the re/insurance industry as a whole
- The underwriting lessons learned and how we have adapted for 2018 and beyond
Kindly hosted by XL Catlin, the presentations were followed by a Q&A sessions and attendees then had the opportunity to meet the speakers and other members at a networking drinks reception.
Lawrence Po-Ba, (Panel Chair) Head of Lloyd's / Specialty, Securis Investment Partners LLP
David Murphy, Partner, Elborne Mitchell LLP
Geoff Piggot, CEO, Crawford Global Technical Services
Roy Foster, Head of Property Reinsurance Underwriting for London, XL Catlin
Please contact Gemma Warren (020 7397 3912) with any queries regarding this event.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.