Recent trends in ransomware attacks
In this IIL cyber, technology and innovation lecture Sharif Gardner discussed the evolution of cyber criminality and the rampant rise in ransomware incidents reshaping the corporate risk landscape.
He discussed issues affecting insurance and what organisations can do to manage their exposure.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- Who is a threat to organisations and why
- What ransomware means to the current risk landscape
- What should boards consider
- How to defend against ransomware attacks
- The role insurance has in helping to deter, detect, delay, respond and recover from ransomware
Anthony Cordonnier FCII, Head of Cyber Product Management, Reinsurance Swiss Re Services Ltd.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 12pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.