Emerging trends and insurance innovation
In this IIL London Market lecture Dr Trevor Maynard will talk about some research the Innovation Team published over the previous year on a variety of risk topics and will give highlights from Lloyd's Lab and the Product Innovation Facility.
Innovation can take many forms from the use of new technologies to streamline processes through to creatively exploiting a better understanding for risk. This lecture will cover Lloyd's recent publications on smart contracts, parametric triggers, supply chain modelling, cyber risks for ports, artificial intelligence, robotics and the opportunities of a low carbon economy. Lessons from Lloyd's Lab will be shared as will the mechanics of the Product Innovation Facility at Lloyd's.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The importance of innovation in the insurance market and how the new Product Innovation Facility works
- Some key emerging trends that will have important insurance consequences
- Outcomes from the Lloyd's Lab since its launch
Tim Pritchard, Partner - Risk Solutions, Lockton Companies LLP
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 2pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.