Inmarsat, space technology and the future of insurance: Reflections from an insurance buyer
In this IIL aviation lecture Claes Martenson reflected on what he has learnt as a buyer of insurance and broker services for large multinational companies, especially Aviation and Space insurance.
Claes covered the following areas:
- Broker and insurer relationships
- Underwriting information and disclosure
- What is different in space insurance
- Future of space technology
- Large claims lessons
- Global programmes
- Good and bad insurance company behaviour
- Captives and deductibles
- Innovation and clever solutions
- His ideas of the future of insurance
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- How to get the best out of your broker
- How to get the best insurance solutions
- What is different with aviation and space insurance
Clive Smith, Aon.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 12pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.