Building a trusted international profession
In this IIL London Market lecture Laurence Smith and David Thompson will be looking at the evolution of the global insurance market and will provide an insight into key innovations enhancing public trust in the profession worldwide.
Since the first oceangoing traders negotiated with underwriters in Edward Lloyd's famous coffee house, insurance has been infused with an international mindset. Today, it's one of the few genuinely global professions. Following the launch of the CII's A World Of Risk report - the first publication that showcases activity in every continent to create a trusted profession - David and Laurence will be celebrating the work of firms, individuals, regulators, educational bodies and affiliated institutes to build public trust in insurance and financial planning.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into the:
- Activities of key market participants across continents to build public trust in insurance
- Key metrics associated with the international insurance profession
- Innovations being piloted by cross-border players, regulators, educational bodies and institutes to embed professionalism and standards
Matthew Wilson ACII, Chartered Insurance, Group CEO, Brit.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 2pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.