Property ownership - helping children on the property ladder; tax traps & asset protection
In this IIL Financial Services lecture delivered by Alison Broadberry, members will learn the importance of considering carefully the different options for, and consequences of, helping children on the property ladder.
The lecture will outline the key tax and asset protection considerations for adviser or clients who are considering helping children on the property ladder. It will include a consideration of relevant aspects of Inheritance Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Stamp Duty Land Tax.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The key tax issues advisers and clients should be aware of when considering helping children on the property ladder
- The asset protection considerations for adviser or clients who are helping children on the property ladder
- Some alternative structuring options for property ownership to help children on the property ladder
Edward Grant FPFS, Chartered MCSI FRSA, Divisional Director, Chartered Financial Planner, Chartered Wealth Manager, European Financial Planner, Technical Connections.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 2pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.