The gig economy and technology: pitfalls and opportunities for the insurance industry
In this IIL claims lecture Amy Nesbitt talked about the importance of a comprehensive understanding of the digital revolution and how the emerging technologies will impact business and professions, as well as the legislative, regulatory, and socio-economic risks and opportunities that they present for the insurance market.
During the lecture, Amy addressed:
- The gig economy
- Agile working
- Artificial Intelligence and robotics
- Connected devices
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The scale and speed at which four key technologies or working methods are evolving
- Common risks arising from the use of automated products, such as risks arising from margins of error, accuracy of data, etc.
- Opportunities for the insurance industry
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 2pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.