In this IIL accident lecture Jenny Boldon turned the spotlight on #metoo issues, looking at the potential claims that individuals and employers face and the impact of the evolving #metoo movement on management liability insurers.
Jenny covered the following key issues in her lecture:
- Sexual harassment claims: the legal position
- Short history: US/ UK perspective
- Employment Practice Liability, Errors & Omissions and Directors & Officers Claims
- Shareholder and Derivative Actions
- Risk Management
- Looking Forward
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The #metoo movement and the legal basis for sexual harassment claims brought against individuals and employers in the US and the UK
- What claims we are currently seeing in a #metoo context
- What insurers can expect going forward in terms of claims and changes in the market
Tilly Milnes, Claims Adjuster, WRB Underwriting.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 2pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Tina Postles (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.