The Opioid Crisis
In this IIL accident lecture Shane Sayers and Karishma Paroha provided an update on the development of opioid abuse together with legal insurance risks and ramifications.
In their presentation, Shane and Karishma started with an introduction and brief history of opioid abuse, including the US, Canada and Europe. The main part of their presentation was a commentary on the developing epidemic including consideration of relevant guidelines, cases and recent articles.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The background of the Opioid Crisis
- A comparison between the status of opioid abuse in the USA and Europe
- The latest headline developments and anticipated projections
Martin Eddison, Price Forbes & Partners Ltd.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 10.30am on the day of the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.