The future of electric flight
In this IIL aviation lecture Rob Watson will discuss the current trends for electrification in aerospace and their impact on aerospace markets.
The lecture will consider the key drivers for electrification in aerospace from a system and propulsion perspective. Rob will outline the technology challenges industry will need to overcome, and the benefits to be delivered by these changes. Consideration will also be given to the broader economic logic for change, and the enabling ecosystem required to deliver full potential. In particular this will consider changes to infrastructure, habits, government policies and regulatory regimes.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The underpinning technology driving electrification in the aerospace sector
- Elements of the enabling system required to reach full market potential
- The challenges and issues which need to be overcome to support the ecosystem
Simon Harker, Global Chair and CEO, Aviation and Aerospace Practice, Marsh.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to Lloyd's pass holders and CII and PFS/SMP members.
CII members must register online by 10.30am on the day of the lecture.
Lloyd's pass holders do not need to register for lectures held in The Old Library.
All attendees must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport.
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.