The future of electric flight
In this IIL aviation lecture Dr Rob Watson discussed the current trends for electrification in aerospace and their impact on aerospace markets.
In his lecture, Rob considered the key drivers for electrification in aerospace from a system and propulsion perspective. Rob outlined the technology challenges industry will need to overcome, and the benefits to be delivered by these changes. Consideration was also given to the broader economic logic for change, and the enabling ecosystem required to deliver full potential. In particular this considered changes to infrastructure, habits, government policies and regulatory regimes.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The underpinning technology driving electrification in the aerospace sector
- Elements of the enabling system required to reach full market potential
- The challenges and issues which need to be overcome to support the ecosystem
Simon Harker, Global Chair and CEO, Aviation and Aerospace Practice, Marsh.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 2pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.