Spotting the 'bad apples': Risk management of personnel
In this IIL aviation lecture John Taylor described the principle causes for bad behaviour in the workplace, how they can be identified and what can be done to reduce the risk.
John explained that most like to think that the Insider Threat - 'employees behaving badly' is because the employees are bad. However, he concluded that this is only partially true. Some employees are bad, but most bad behaviour is the result of bad managers.
In is presentation, John drew mostly on examples from the aviation industry but also elsewhere. He also described the extent of the problem, the specific causes, how to identify where in an organisation the threat is highest and what can be done to reduce the risk.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The size of the problem of the Insider Threat
- The causes of staff behaving badly
- How to identify where in an organisation the threat is greatest
- Solutions to the problem of the Insider Threat
Elizabeth Holton, IATA.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to Lloyd's pass holders and CII and PFS/SMP members.
CII members must register online by 10.30am on the day of the lecture.
Lloyd's pass holders do not need to register for lectures held in The Old Library.
All attendees must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport.
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.