Emerging risks and insurance innovation - 2019 update
In this IIL accident lecture Dr Trevor Maynard talked about research the Innovation Team published over the previous year on a variety of risk topics, and gave a 'heads up' on what's to come in 2019 and will gave highlights from Lloyd's Lab.
Innovation can take many forms from the use of new technologies to streamline processes through to creatively exploiting a better understanding for risk. This lecture will cover Lloyd's recent publications on the sharing economy, India crop, synthetic biology, next generation mining, products for resilience, new realities and the internet of things. Lloyd's Lab is stimulating innovation and a few highlights from 2018 will be given. The lecture will conclude with a heads up for the 2019 programme.
By the end of this lecture members will have gained an insight into:
- The importance of innovation in the insurance market
- Some key emerging risks that will have important insurance consequences
- How the Lloyd's Lab works and the opportunities it brings
Tina Kirby, Innovation and Product Development, Beazley.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to Lloyd's pass holders and CII and PFS/SMP members.
CII members must register online by 10.30am on the day of the lecture.
Lloyd's pass holders do not need to register for lectures held in The Old Library.
All attendees must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport.
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.