3 anniversaries: the FSA, the crisis and the FCA: where does this leave consumers?
UK financial regulation has recently passed its 30th birthday, this IIL London Market lecture examined the reasons behind the achievements, the failures and what the regulators will try to do in coming years.
This lecture looked at the scope and achievements of the UK financial services regulators from a consumer perspective, considering the growth in both scope and powers since 198 and reviewed their key achievements and consider the causes of where they have failed to meet their consumer objectives. It concluded by evaluating their current expansionist approaches and offer some prognostications for the future.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- What the FCA and PRA have achieved for consumers, what they haven't and what they never will
- The limitations of what they can realistically achieve
- Where they will be heading in coming years
Jonathan Clark MA, MSc, Dip Eng, ACII, FCILA, Scor SE and President, Chartered Insurance Institute.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 10.30am on the day of the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.