Mastering Mixed Assessment
In this IIL revision lecture Alison Cooper shared her considerable knowledge and experience to provide guidance to candidates to help master the CII Diploma units, focusing on MCQ and coursework. These insights have been gained primarily from her experience as a CII Senior Examiner and Marker.
Alison explained that with the change in CII focus from exams to Mixed Assessment, a new approach and skill set is required by CII candidates. Mixed Assessment requires candidates to demonstrate their theoretical knowledge in the multiple-choice exam and their practical knowledge/experience in the coursework component.
This revision presentation highlighted a structured route to CII students studies including:
- How to master the syllabus and focus on learning objectives
- How to prepare for the MCQ exam
- How to deconstruct coursework questions
- How to plan your written answers to maximize marks
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- Focusing on the syllabus and learning outcomes
- Understanding how to deconstruct coursework questions
- Planning your assignment answers
Alison's career spans over 30 years. Since establishing ACT One Training Services Ltd, Alison has delivered training for CII, Lloyd's, ABI and BIBA.
Sally Blake MSc BSc (Hons) FCII, Chartered Insurer, Business Analyst, Chair - Disability Inclusion Network, Zurich Insurance Plc.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 12pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.