How working with low income families can help insurers improve products and practice, and the financial health of communities
In this IIL inclusion & diversity lecture Jim Minton talked about the challenges faced by lower income families and communities, and how the insurance industry can use its commitment to inclusion to ensure its products and practices help those communities meet those challenges.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The 'poverty premium' - and how poorer people end up paying more for essentials like insurance
- The opportunities to co-develop products and services with those of lived experience of financial and other challenges
- The benefits to the insurance industry and to communities of a partnership approach
Throughout a career in industry, government and the voluntary sector, Jim has always worked on strategic responses to social policy challenges, in the UK and overseas. He joined Toynbee Hall in October 2017 having previously worked in a London wide youth charity, and before that on international development projects. He is chair of a small refugee charity and lives in east London where he is involved in a number of community projects.
Mary Bowie, Senior Legal Counsel, Miller Insurance Services.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to Lloyd's pass holders and CII and PFS/SMP members.
All attendees must register online by 10.30am on the day of the lecture.
All attendees must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport.
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.