AF5 Financial Planning Process Training
This event is now fully booked.
Are you registered for AF5, the unit that aims to develop an understanding of the financial planning process when giving advice to clients? Are you about to receive your fact find ahead of the exam?
Members have the opportunity to attend a day long revision course hosted by Tom Ryan APFS, Chartered Financial Planner, Astute Pensions.
Tom has worked at Astute since March 2015. Tom previously worked for the group that owned one of the largest SIPP providers in the UK, as a compliance and training manager, a role he held for 16 years. Tom also serves on the regional Personal Finance Society committee and has done so for the last 17 years. He is currently the education officer for the region.
By the end of this you will have a good understanding of the financial planning process:
- The relationship between adviser and client
- Understanding the clients' objectives
- Evaluating the clients' financial situation
- Making appropriate recommendations
- Reviewing the financial plan
You will also have a good understanding of:
- Income tax, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance tax calculations as they apply to the fact find case study for the exam
- Any other calculations that may be required, for example lifetime allowance, annual allowance, maximum contributions utilising carry forward
- Calculations for input to DB schemes
- The possible questions that could be asked by the CII examiners on the day of the exam
- And how these should be answered to gain maximum points
Advance booking is essential - please contact Astute Pensions on 01772 781889 or email email@example.com to reserve your place.
CII/PFS members - £100 (PLUS VAT)
Please do let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.