Macroeconomic trends and the professional indemnity market
In this IIL accident lecture Julian Smart and Mark Brundell analysed the current UK and Global Professional Indemnity Market.
In their presentation, Julian and Mark considered the current and future general macroeconomic environment and how the trends may change with Brexit and/or a snap General Election. They also review three specific PI trends within the Construction, Finance and Property sectors, specifically looking at impact of both economic and non-economic factors.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- How far the economy is a key driver for PI trends
- What the non-economic factors are that influence PI trends
- How influential in PI trends the Government/Regulation factors are
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 12pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.