Trends in General Liability (non US) business written in Lloyd's
In this IIL accident lecture Caroline Dunn talked about the General Liability market at Lloyd’s. She covered the business written, recent and future trends and their impact on Lloyd’s.
Lloyd's is a major player in the UK and International General Liability market and have been growing market share over the last 5 to 10 years.
This lecture provided a background of the type of business written in the market and then look at the current and potential issues that underwriters and portfolio managers are grappling with day to day.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The type of GL business written in Lloyd's
- Recent trends impacting performance
- Future trends that may impact performance
- Lloyd's GL results and looking at performance impact of trends
- Potential strategies for managing the market cycle
Caroline joined Lloyd’s in June 2014 to look after the performance of the GL and EL classes of business. She was previously the Product Director for UK Liability business at RSA.
Brian Secrett, Head of Lloyd's Class of Business Team.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 12pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.