FCA - Complaints Rules and Practical Management
Advance booking is essential - download booking form below
A half day seminar presented by Branko Bjelobaba FCII, FCA Compliance Consultant and Melissa Collett, former Senior Ombudsman, Financial Ombudsman Service.
This event, for FCA regulated firms only, (of relevance to all regulated firms), will provide an overview of Dispute Resolution: the Complaints sourcebook (highlighting recent changes) - as well as covering reporting requirements made under the Retail Mediation Activities Return (RMAR) and why consumers make complaints to the sector. Melissa, who spent 11 years at the FOS and made some 1,500 legally binding decisions, will share then share her experiences on mitigation and management of complaints and how to avoid costly disputes. We will then allow ample discussion on areas that can be improved and there will be a number of case studies. This event will be an interactive one.
By the end of this event delegates will have gained an insight into:
- Current DISP rules (Dispute Resolution: the Complaints sourcebook)
- What Management Information (MI) needs to be collated/reported
- What people complain about
- Effective complaints management
- How you can minimise complaints
- CII/PFS member - £200 (inc. VAT)
- Non-members - £300 (inc. VAT)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (0800 619 6619) with any queries.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 12pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.