Breakfast Presentation on Insurance Implications of Brexit and Impact of EU Solvency II Directive on UK Insurance Industry
The Insurance Institute of Aberdeen is happy to announce a two part presentation on how the EU requirements of Solvency II have changed the UK insurance industry and the insurance implications of Brexit. Followed by Q & A session with Alan Chandler.
Alan will explain why solvency margins are so important explain how Solvency II operates and how it is changing our market place. He will also talk about impacts that Brexit could have on the Insurance Industry.
We would highly recommend coming along and asking Alan any queries you might have on the subject over a cup of coffee and a bacon/egg roll.
Venue: Park Inn, 1 Justice Mill Lane, Aberdeen, AB11 6EQ
Time: 7:30 am - Breakfast
8:00 - 9:00am - Presentation
If you are interested in attending this event please book on our website or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By attending this lecture delegates will be able to:
• Outline the current Brexit ‘landscape’ and understand what is likely to or could happen next
• Explain why all this is important to the Insurance Industry
• Identify specific impacts that Brexit could have on the Insurance Industry from a Claims, Brokers and Underwriting perspective
• Understand Insurers Solvency margins
• Obtain an overview of Solvency II
• Understand how EU Solvency II Directive have changed the UK insurance industry
The sessions will be run by Alan Chandler, Chartered Insurer, who is widely regarded as one of the UK's leading insurance trainers.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.