The 36th Scottish Insurance Institutes’ Golf tournament will be held over Crieff Golf Course on the afternoon of Tuesday, 16th August 2016 (tee off times between 2.00pm and 2.23pm).
The format of the event is still to be finalised but looks broadly as follows:
- 18 holes medal play
- Restricted to CII members who have an ‘official’ handicap of 20 or less*
- Entry restricted to one team of 4 players per institute.
- Both a team competition and an individual event will be held
- Team event on a handicap basis - best 3 net scores to count
- Individual event both handicap and scratch
- Golf followed by high tea and presentation of prizes
*Players with a higher ‘official’ handicap can play off 20
The Aberdeen Institute have not entered a team in recent years but would like to give members the opportunity to compete in 2016.
The plan is to have an Aberdeen Institute Golf Day locally in 2016 but this will not be arranged in time for the winners to represent the Aberdeen Institute at the Scottish event.
It is therefore proposed that anyone who meets the above criteria and who wishes to represent the Aberdeen Institute on 16 August 2016 emails email@example.com by close of business on 30 June 2016.
If there are more than four individuals who wish to play there will be a draw to choose the final four.
The local institute will pay the entrance fees for the Aberdeen team at Crieff which will include the cost of high tea.