Joint CPD Event with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors
The Insurance Institute of Aberdeen is happy to announce that they are linking with the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (Aberdeen and North East) to host an evening presentation to foster mutual understanding between our respective professional bodies / memberships.
Delegates attending this event will be able to identify:
• The roles that the members of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors play in the fields of building construction, valuation and facilities management
• The roles that the members of the Insurance Institute of Aberdeen play in general insurance, employee benefits provision, personal financial planning and corporate / personal pensions
• The diverse membership that exists within each body.
Speakers from each institute will briefly cover a range of issues which we envisage will be of interest:
The Insurance Institute of Aberdeen:
• Pension planning and changes to pensions legislation from 6th April 2015 (flexible drawdown)
• Surveyors' professional indemnity insurance
• Insurers' view of building construction types and fire protections.
Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors:
• Considerations in determining buildings reinstatement valuations
• Facilities managers' views on fire protections and security.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.