Riley on Business Interruption Insurance - 11th edition
In this IIL claims webinar, Damian Glynn and Toby Rogers, the co-editors of the 11th edition of Riley on Business Interruption Insurance, give an overview of the book's new features and how it has been updated.
Riley is now 65 years old; rather than retiring at that age, the book has undergone a further editorial metamorphosis to ensure it retains its place as the essential business interruption reference work.
Historically, there have been relatively few legal cases relating to business interruption in the UK, but with the Insurance Act on the Statute books and the FCA Test Case having been the most significant business interruption development in living memory, the time has come to introduce a distinct legal chapter in Riley, and to introduce a second editor with an appropriate legal pedigree.
Working collaboratively and with the support of many expert contributors, Damian and Toby have produced an edition with the following key features:
- Extensive remodelling of chapters and content to make content more accessible
- Business Interruption extensions are brought together in one chapter, discussed in more detail and addressed in alphabetical order
- New legal chapter addressing the Insurance Act 2015, damages for late payment, the 2021 FCA Test case and the implications of this for causation under BI policies
- Expanded consideration of cyber threats and cover available
- Inclusion of discussion of parametric and pandemic/epidemic cover
- Updated discussion of all areas, including Riot Damages and Terrorism
The speakers also identify COVID specific content – including furlough savings – as well as reflecting the fact that the future is bigger than COVID, and in fact, some historic unresolved problems (such as the prevalence of 12-month maximum indemnity periods and the use of the term 'Gross Profit') still need to be addressed.
A promo code to buy the book (hard copies only) will be available and active for seven days after the webinar.
- Risk engineering: lessons learnt from the pandemic and any ongoing challenges
- Innovation in property risk engineering services
- What can corporate clients expect from their risk engineering and risk management services from now on?
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.