In this IIL inclusion and diversity panel discussion, Elliot Rae explores how fatherhood has changed over the last few decades and current expectations from working dads (particularly since the pandemic), the challenges modern dads face, the benefits to supporting working dads (including reducing the gender pay gap, wellbeing, children’s outcomes, attraction and retention) and how organisations can support working dads through policy (including parental leave and flexible working policies), line management and culture.
Do you know that:
- 39% of new dads are concerned about their mental health
- The large disparity in the gender pay gap starts when the first baby is born into a family
- Since the pandemic, 1 in 3 families are looking to share caring responsibilities more equally in the future
In this session, Elliott and a panel of dads from the insurance industry will open a conversation about how workplaces can support working fathers, how to create a truly inclusive organisation and learn more about the benefits of supporting working dads to families, businesses and society. This is an interactive panel discussion that includes breakout groups, a panel of dads from your organisation and even a quiz with a book giveaway.
- Why supporting working dads is so important
- How to create family-friendly people policies
- How to create an inclusive culture where all working dads are supported in being active parents at home
Places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
This webinar will be hosted on Zoom. Please familiarise yourself with their T&Cs and Privacy Statement.
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 1/2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.