Marine insurance – The next ten years
This was the third in a series of joint webinars between the Insurance Institute of London and Munich Re aimed at improving members understanding of developments in the marine and energy market in today’s insurance world. In this session, Rob McAdams focussed on the next 10 years and what he sees as these key attributes to help better prepare the market for future challenges and opportunities.
In a rapidly changing market, facing new and emerging risks, there is ever greater importance to have a sense of clarity on the expected longer term key attributes of the Marine insurance market. The following main areas were covered in this webinar:
- A brief look back at the Marine insurance market to inform our future perspective
- Outlook for the global economy and trade
- The profound impact of Covid-19 and the fundamental change it could bring to the market
- The role of technology in market modernisation and innovation
- The increasing focus on climate change & the environment
- Potential implications of a changing risk profile
- A view on the Marine market of the future
By the end of this webinar members would have gained an insight into:
- The outlook for the Marine insurance industry
- Key attributes that inform this outlook
- Future opportunities & challenges for the market
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.