The Evolution of Diversity and Inclusion in Insurance – What’s Next & Why?
This was the next instalment in a series of D&I webinars arranged by the IIL Young Members’ Committee. A panel of senior executives discussed their personal backgrounds and encouraged thought provoking conversation around the current and future state of diversity and inclusion in the market.
Each panellist discussed their journey into the insurance market, the importance of D&I to them, their views on the current state of D&I, and the changes they would like to see in the profession.
The webinar concluded with an open Q&A discussion.
By the end of this webinar, members will have gained an insight into:
- Four senior executives career paths
- An understanding of the various perspectives which exist and are prevalent across the D&I space
- Past, current, and future trends of D&I within the insurance market and more widely the financial services sector
- What can be done to challenge and improve the current D&I landscape
This webinar was aimed at the IIL’s young members’, suitable for brokers, claims professionals, underwriters, financial advisers, loss adjusters and student members.
Registration for this event is free of charge, but, if you are able, please consider donating to Barking Foodbank - the IIL's Charity Partner for 2021.
If you would like to make a donation via our JustGiving page, please click here.
For more information on why we are partnering with Barking Foodbank, please click here.
Barking Foodbank was set up by the Hope Family Trust and The Trussell Trust in February 2012 to help tackle hunger in the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham.
- Between 1 April 2019 and 31 March 2020, foodbanks in the Trussell Trust network distributed 1.9 million emergency food supplies to people in crisis, an 18% increase on the previous year
- More than 700,000 of those supplies went to children
- During the first two months of lockdown, Barking Foodbank provided more than 8,300 meals to people in need
For more information on the work of Barking Foodbank, please click here.
Please contact Gemma Warren (07436 263847) with any queries regarding this webinar.
- Online event
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Gemma Warren (07436 263847).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.