Covid-19 and aviation insurance: the operational impact on aviation and the recovery process
In this IIL aviation webinar, Ed Spencer, Paul Woodley and James Jordan talked about the current operational issues impacting the aviation sector as a result of Covid-19. They also considered the impact this will have on the insurance industry with a view to assessing what the future of aviation might look like in a post-Covid-19 world.
The HFW team examined the key operational issues which are impacting the industry as a result of Covid-19 and how this will impact the assessment of risk and future claims handling. This included analysis of the following areas:
- Reduction in fleet size and aircraft grounding
- Ongoing maintenance obligations and asset preservation
- Staff and labour shortages
- Change from passengers to cargo operations
- Business Continuity Planning
At the core of all the points discussed by HFW was the impact Covid-19 is having on the insurance industry and how insurers should adapt in assessing the new and ever-changing risk landscape presented by the crisis.
By the end of this webinar members would have gained an insight into:
- The operational issues impacting the aviation industry as a result of Covid-19
- How these risks should be mitigated so as to reduce exposure to claims and what insurance professional can do to facilitate this
- What the future of aviation may look like after Covid-19 and how this will impact the insurance sector
This webinar will be hosted on Zoom. Please familiarise yourself with their T&C's and Privacy Statement.
We have increased the number of places for this webinar to 500, which will be allocated on a first come, first served basis. Please note that this is likely to result in a limited Q&A session at the end.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza with any queries regarding this event.
You will be sent a confirmation email shortly after booking. If you have not received this within one hour, please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911).
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.