Political risks and credit insurance
In this IIL London Market lecture Charles Berry reviewed the CPRI market in the context of today's London insurance market.
During this lecture, Charles described the capabilities and activities of today's CPRI market, while discussing the re-emergence of credit insurance into the mainstream of the insurance market. Charles also reviewed the London market's long involvement with pure political risks and war risks and the challenges and opportunities this area now presents. He then explored how the CPRI market is placed to address the coming disruption to our profession being brought about by technology and artificial intelligence.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- The difference between credit insurance and financial guarantee
- The work to be done in the area of political and war risks insurance
- Why London market professionals need to be unambiguous as to who they act for
Tim Pritchard, Risk Solutions, Lockton Companies.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 2pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.