AF7 Training Day
This event is now fully booked
A day long training day, hosted by Tom Ryan, Business Development and Compliance Manager, Astute Pensions
Are you registered for the AF7, the new unit on Pension Transfers that aims to develop an understanding of the DB transfer process and the complexities when advising clients?
Tom has worked at Astute since March 2015. Tom previously worked for the group that owned one of the largest SIPP providers in the UK, as a compliance and training manager, a role he held for 16 years. Tom also serves on the regional Personal Finance Society committee and has done so for the last 17 years. He is currently the education officer for the region.
By the end of this event delegates will have gained an insight into:
- Explain the FCA and The Pension Regulator’s rules regarding pension transfers and the roles and responsibilities of the various participants involved
- Describe the main types of pension transfer advice, including outlining the process, the essential information required to analyse and evaluate the clients circumstances, and the role of the transfer value analysis system (TVAS)
- Describe how DB schemes are structured and how benefits are paid in a variety of circumstances and what events can affect the funding of a scheme. This includes both public and private sector
- Explain the implications of transferring out into a different type of scheme, how the new scheme works, and how the income and investment returns are related via investment and capital risk
- Explain key issues like; lifetime allowance charges, benefit crystallisation events and how tax charges are calculated, transitional protection from tax charges, cash incentives to members, scheme insolvency or wind up, the role of the PPF, divorce consequences, transferring to an overseas scheme and other considerations that can impact on the advice
- Apply the factfinding process to pension transfer advice, gathering needs and client objectives and how these relate to transfers, factors that may influence the advice and suitable solutions to meet the clients’ needs.
Please contact email@example.com to reserve your place.
CII/PFS members - £100 (PLUS VAT)
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
6 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.