Sustainability strategy of developments
In this IIL property investors lecture Anita Mitchell talked about the importance of sustainability in regeneration projects around the world and what this means for the real estate and construction industries going forward.
Sustainability is a word that means many things to many people, but it is an increasing focus for the built environment. How to tread lightly on the planet while also assisting governments to manage increasingly scarce resources and manage social issues such as job creation and creating safer and more prosperous urban environments.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- Understanding the drivers of sustainability
- The details of sustainability initiatives in major urban renewal projects internationally and in London
- Identifying the challenges and solutions facing the property and construction sectors
Anita is an environmental scientist with over 20 years experience in sustainability management, she previously led the sustainability strategy of the massive Barangaroo South development in Sydney and is currently the Head of Sustainability for Lendlease Europe region.
Anna Whitfield ACII, Client Director, Aon Risk Solutions.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 12pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.