Accelerated learning & memory techniques
In this IIL revision lecture Rob Murray ACII outlined with practical examples, a number of different memory techniques to assist students when preparing for exams or wider business or personal situations.
During the presentation Rob explained that learning and retaining large amounts of information do not require natural ability and that the techniques covered can make a significant difference. In his presentation Rob made it clear that the techniques require practice, preparation and adaptation, as essentially these techniques concentrate on an individual identifying for themselves which memory principles work best for them, and then building a pattern of studying around that.
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- An introduction to a number of memory principles and accelerated learning techniques
- Practical illustrations of these techniques drawing on material from the CII examinations
- An introduction to effective, yet non-standard, approaches to memory and learning, which can be applied to formal, informal study or wider business, personal situations
Rob Murray is a Partner in LCP's Insurance Consulting practice providing actuarial advice for a range of insurance operations on matters including reserving and capital modeling. In 2012 Rob was named General Insurance Actuary of the Year by the Actuarial Post magazine.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 12pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.