General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) - what is changing and what you must do by 25 May 2018
Advance booking is essential - download booking form below
A two hour briefing presented by Branko Bjelobaba FCII, FCA Compliance Consultant and CII Accredited Advanced General Insurance Trainer.
This event is for all manner of firms handling any type of client data.
Many significant changes are proposed when this becomes law on 25 May 2018 - will you be able to make the changes?
By the end of this event delegates will have gained an insight into:
- GDPR proposals (wider applicability than current Data Protections Act 1998, enhanced obligations, increased individual rights and a massive 4% maximum penalty for breaches)
- Increased cost and complexity of compliance
- The need for a Data Protection Officer and relationships with third parties
- Mandatory reporting breach obligations
In addition all delegates will receive a gap analysis/mapping document prepared for a general insurance broker client illustrating the changes they will have to make - you may wish to use this as a template for your firm.
- CII/PFS member - £200 + VAT
- Non-members - £300 + VAT
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (0800 619 6619) with any queries.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
2 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.