Complex supply chains
In this IIL property lecture Liz Oatten gave a brief insight into the biotechnology pharma sector through an overview of Shire; and talked about supply chain risk.
Shire plc is the leading global biotechnology company focused on serving people with rare diseases and other highly specialised conditions. Supply continuity is vital to earning and keeping the trust of patients. How does Shire assess its insurable supply chain risk and does the current insurance market offering align with the risks of today's complex supply chains?
By the end of this lecture members would have gained an insight into:
- Shire plc, the rare disease landscape and some of the challenges currently facing the pharma sector
- Shire's risk financing strategy and its approach to assessing insurable supply chain risk
- What next for supply chain insurance?
Liz joined Shire plc in January 2008. She was previously Director, Risk Management and Insurance at Invensys plc and prior to that had a career with brokers and insurers.
Chris Sutton, Client Partner, Aon Risk Solutions.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 12pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
3/4 hours' CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.