How to study and improve your chances of passing the CII examinations
In this IIL revision lecture, Chris Paine and Len Wilkins, two senior lecturers, provided top tips and techniques to help students improve their chances of passing their written CII examinations.
The main part of the lecture concentrated on written examination planning and studying techniques. Members were given suggestions as to how to improve their examination planning. Good techniques are also essential to passing the examinations and in this lecture Chris and Len explained a number of simple and useful techniques which, if implemented correctly, should enhance examination scores.
By the end of this lecture members will have gained an insight into:
- Changing CII examination completion requirements.
- Format of the remaining CII written examinations and marking structure.
- The correct written examination techniques and answering style and structure.
- Importance of planning.
- How to set and keep to your plan and time frame.
Registration & Security
IIL lectures are open to CII and PFS members
CII and PFS members must register online by 12pm one working day before the lecture
For lectures held in The Old Library, Lloyd's pass holders may also attend and do not need to register
All attendees (at any venue) must produce photo ID - either a Lloyd's pass, driving licence with photo or valid passport
- Email confirmations and photo ID must be produced to security staff at the lecture venue
- Attendance confirmations are non-transferable to any other person or lecture
- All venues have limited capacity and registration and/or a Lloyd's pass does not guarantee admission
Please let us know what we can do to make our events fully accessible to you.
Please contact Patricia Pedraza (020 7397 3911) with any queries regarding the CPD events programme.
This demonstrates the quality of an event and that it meets CII member CPD scheme requirements.
1 hour's CPD can be claimed for this event if relevant to your learning and development needs.
It is recommended that you keep any evidence of the CPD activity you have completed and upload copies to the recording tool as the CII may ask to see this if your record is selected for review. Details of the scheme can be viewed online at www.cii.co.uk/cpd.